Wednesday, January 23, 2019

MESMERISING MEGHALAYA

Hi all, here I am with my new post on MESMERISING MEGHALAYA. Mesmerising because there are a lot of things I will show you here and also provide you with the links. So lets begin our ride to the Scotland of the East.




I started my journey from my usual spot Delhi. Took my flight and landed in Guwahati. Now here I had to pre-plan my trip whether to go by car or take a ride by bike as I was short of time and days. I had to complete the trip in 2nights and hence the best thing I will suggest is to go by bike. 


After checking out from the airport I took a cab, after an hour of ride we reached the spot from where we took the bike on rent for 2 days. After taking the bike I had lunch nearby and was starting my journey of 170kms. 




My aim was to reach Dawki, I started the journey at 1300hrs(01:00pm IST) and had an aim of reaching the spot by 1700hrs(05:00pm IST) as I was told that it gets dark early here in the Easts. Now for a rider like me who never had his own bike and use to ride only on such adventures it was a task at hand and obviously challenge was accepted. My adrenaline was high because of the roads, it was not a straight road to have it easily, the roads here are very curvy and challenging and thus for a driver its amazing as well. 




Cutting through such mountains and beautiful curvy road was a delightful moment and at the same time tiring. Not being habitual to long drives give you tough time during such rides. But views like this are just to motivate you as you keep on exploring. I was doing this trip after my night shift so please bare me with my pain. I took gaps to stop aside and click some fotos so that I can also get relieved by pain. 



"The biggest cliche in photography is Sunset and Sunrise" - Catherine Opie. Unparallel phrase, this view is like no other. But it also warned me to ride faster. You won't be able to guess the time here, its just 1600hrs(04:00pm IST) and its this dark. I got my head straight and didn't stop after that. My power bank and mobile both got drained and I was left with nothing to show you after this. But as I reached the spot it was complete darkness. Dawki was deliberately kept natural in that aspect. No light at all. No street lights as well and narrow roads made it more difficult to ride. For now the only source was Moonlight and Stars. They guided me to the boat and I had to kayak myself to the Island. This one was a memory to cherish for lifetime. I was craving so much to have a DSLR that could capture this moment. I reached the spot and they showed me my tent. They also provided me with Emergency light and that helped through the night. The best part was that they gave me their power bank on request and I could click some for you'll but I would post one here. I could click it because of the light from the borne fire. There was a guitar as well and hence it was really a memorable thing to do. Plus the best thing happened was the dinner. It was all prepared on Chulha and thus the smoky Chicken took the soul out from my body.




I got up early in the morning to see where I have been to and the view was eye popping. A tent just besides the river and in between the mountains is amazing. A destination that can never ever be forgotten, even if you wish to.







It was something like I was blessed by the almighty himself, you don't believe? See then... 



After a typical breakfast of Maggie, omlet and chai(tea) I left for some boating, saw some spots went to Indo-Bangla Border and was ready to leave for one natural beauty, but before that just see what I have for you. The best view of Umngot river, the crystal clear water.


I left Dawki and headed to Mawlynnong, cleanest village of Asia. Reason was different, THE LIVING ROOT BRIDGE.



As jaw dropping as it looks, this bridge is handmade from the aerial roots of rubber fig trees. It gets stronger as it ages and hence is beautiful and a must visit spot here, thanks to the local Khasi and Jaintia people for being this creative.

I left from here and this ended my trip to Meghalaya. This was one half as the other half 'Cherrapunji' is still to be explored. I had to take a stop in Shillong, as my power bank was not charged and my mobile was drained as well, it was very difficult to look for a hotel and hence stayed in a villa. 

Also clicked a pic in between as I couldn't stop myself from capturing it.



The other day I again started riding, my Day 3 here in North-East. I had to return the bike and take my deposit and leave for the airport. Getting on to the flight is next big task for me as belonging to one of the leading airline in the country has its own perks. Somehow got the seat as it was Sunday because of one passenger who did not show up at the gate. ThankGod!!!!

The mighty Himalayas also made my flying worth it.



So this is how I wrapped the trip in 2 nights 3 days. Following are the expenses for the stay :-

Cab from airport to Bike Renting spot & vice versa :- Rs.500/- pp

Bike Deposit ( Fully Refundable) - Rs.2000/-

Petrol - Rs.400/-

Lunch - Rs.150/-

Campaign plus boating - Rs.1500/- pp ( Including Dinner plus breakfast)

Only Boating - Rs. 1200/- per boat

Living Root Bridge Entry Ticket - Rs.10/- pp

Villa stay - Rs. 1250/- pp ( Inclusive of Dinner & Breakfast) 

Total Cost - Rs. 3530/- pp ( Budget is for *per person* for 2 travellers)

Best Time to Visit - October to January

Things to carry :-

1) Camera plus proper Battery backup.

2) Camera stand

3) Warm clothes

4) All riding gears if exploring by bike.(Gloves, Helmet, Jacket is a must thing due cold air )

Note - This itinerary was basically for riders as other travellers travelling by car couldn't enjoy this in 2 nights 3 days due heavy traffic in Shillong and hence won't let you reach Dawki on time on Day 1.  So for such travellers do contact me for proper itinerary if planning to visit it. Below are my mentioned sites where you can keep an eye on me being PARIVRAJAKA.

CONTACT DETAILS - Pantha Parivrajaka

EMAIL - panthaparivrajaka@gmail.com

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/panthaparivrajaka/

INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/siddheshganve08/

YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn1Vhzme_qiTsSce4Z0m1LA?view_as=subscriber

BLOGS - https://panthaparivrajaka.blogspot.com


!!! THANK YOU !!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing πŸ’š and beautiful ,breathtaking snaps 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's seems as if an invitation to heaven crafted with chosen beautiful words that makes reading experience worth visualizing.Too awesome😍😍

    ReplyDelete

NIRVANA RISHIKESH

RISHIKESH! A word that had no importance in my life until I visited it. Now this word itself brings NIRVANA, serenity and peace within.  ...